Saturday, July 25, 2009

About to Go on a Vacation...

Our family will be going on a vacation this coming week and we are quite excited about it. It has taken quite a while to "nail down" exactly what we are doing...and I still wouldn't say that they are nailed down "tight."

We planned on staying in a Comfort Inn hotel, but then I thought about going to see Buddy and Nancy Canady, our cousins, for a couple of days. They called today and asked us to stay the week instead, so that is what we are going to do. It will save us quite a bit of money AND we get to spend time with some great people. The last time we went to the Canady's the girls were 2 and 3 years old. Buddy was able to tell me stories about the Bell Family (my mom's paternal family), that even my mom didn't know about. I told them that I plan on bringing my pad and paper this time to take actual notes!

We plan on leaving Monday. We will go play at the Schlitterbaun in New Braunsfels on Tuesday. Wednesday we will go to Downtown San Antonio and just "be tourist". We think we might go to the mirror maze place and eat at the Rainforest Cafe, other than that, we will just see what we see.

Thursday we will go to Fiesta Texas. Its a Six Flags amusement park. The kids love amusement parks and have fun seeing all of the characters in costume and riding all the kiddie rides!

Friday we will go back to the Schlitterbaun.

Saturday we plan on going back to Fiesta Texas and Sunday we plan on going to the Natural Bridge Caverns and Wildlife ranch. We will then drive home...if our bodies will still be capable of doing so. It will be a busy vacation, but I the girls are still at that stage where the idea of relaxing for a vacation makes them wonder why we are stick in the muds. I'm just hoping my back and feet can stay as young as the kids want me to be!

One reason I am really excited about going is that we went to this same place as kids. My dad would rent out a condo called The Other Place. We would be able to walk out the back door with a tube and hop in the Guadalupe river for some floating fun. We would always go to the Schlitterbaun too. As well as the Alamo, the needle, the house of horns, the river walk, etc. The only thing we didn't do was go to Sea World. We DID drive there though. When my dad got out, he found out what it cost to get in and we got right back in the car and did something else that day. It really must have been a lot, because as frugal as my dad was, he usually didn't skimp on things like that. Its a funny memory...NOW.

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

I love Natural Bridge Caverns! Ya'll will have so much fun! I'm glad you will get to have lots of fun family time before school starts again. I've only been to Sea World once, but I'm not sure how much it actually cost (but that's probably why I've only been once!). Ya'll have fun!