Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our house update...

I know that I need to update my blog with words of our family vacation, but I wanted to post pics of the vacation as I wrote about it...and since I can't reach the computer that has those photos on it...I will have to post about something out.

So I figured I would post about why I can't reach the computer!!! Our house is a complete MESS. I am soooo happy as to WHY its a mess...but still, it is quite aggravating. I never knew how stressful getting our house done would be. We started with our tile last Tuesday. They worked from 7:30 A M to about 7:30 PM everyday. They took Sunday off and they didn't get finished until last night...(Wednesday)...which means I had 6 strangers laying tile in my house for over a week. But it meant more than that...WE had to move everything...from room to room 3 TIMES....For example...we had to move the living room and kitchen into our dining room...for them to lay the tile...They did it...then we moved the refrigerator, table, couch, etc. back so that they could lay the tile in the dining room...Then we had to move all the original stuff back to the dining room, after the dining room dried, so that they could grout the kitchen, eating area, and living room. Then we had to move all the stuff back for good so that they could move the dining room.

Lets not forget that any shelf had to be emptied, so that they could move the book case, to tile underneath. It took Todd 1 1/2 days to box up all of our shelves in the house...

And the worst parts, you couldn't walk where they had tiled for 24 hours and you couldn't walk where they had grouted until the next morning....and the DUST...I have never seen so much dust. We can't really stay there too long because our eyes and noses and throats fill up with gunk. (Thank you again, Dana, for housing us.)

So you would think I would be happy that they were done. And I was...I went to sleep last night with a smile on my face as Scooba was scrubbing my kitchen floor. I told Todd to have a good day at work as I watched him leave...and about 20 minutes later, as I was about to walk out the door with the girls to go to work...2 men ring my doorbell...and they are there to do the sheet rock. I let them in and they start telling me "this was supposed to be cleaned out." This area needs to be cleaned too. I call Todd...he says "oh, I must have misunderstood". REALLY? So as he is driving home to fix this...The guys keep asking me when he is going to get there. I really could have curled up in a ball and started to cry....I won't even go into the girls not being able to find shoes or socks...because the house was a mess. Some things are better not dwelled upon. :-)

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

It sounds like it will be crazy for a while. But it's like pregnancy...hard to remember as you're getting sick what the end product will be! I can't wait to see you're new house! Call if you need to vent or come over!