Thursday, July 16, 2009

Big News for the Northrups...

Todd got news a couple of weekends ago that his schedule was changing and that he would have to start working Saturdays and now have Mondays off. This isn't exactly what I would call great news for us. It takes one of our 2 family days away from us. When we first got married, Todd was going to school during the day and working at night...while I was doing the exact opposite...teaching during the day and getting my course work done at night. And he worked Saturdays. We had Sundays together...but with church, there was very little down time together. We literally would not speak to each other face to face for 6 days straight on most days. When he graduated, that crazy time finally went away, and we thought "never again." This Saturday teaches us, yet again, never say never. Keep Todd in your prayers. He works so hard for our family, but has always had a desire to spend as much time with the girls as he can. My maternal grandmother would always joke that my girls have 2 mommies because Todd is so nurturing and attentive with them.

It's not all bad news for my family though. I have had the pleasure of working with my terrific friend, Robbie Green for the past 2 years. He has been my AP at Cooper. Last week, he got a job as head principal of a brand new school. He had all of his staff hired for him, BUT he had 2 openings in the school. 1 Pre K teacher and 1 LIBRARIAN. We have always talked about how awesome it would be to work with one another and now we get too. How awesome is that??? I found out from him that he was hiring a librarian today and my principal at Cooper graciously released me this evening and allowed me to transfer to Eickenroht Elementary. It is a new school so I will have to work a little during the summer, but he gave me the okay to bring my girls up there, so I can spend plenty of time with them! New staff to get to know and get used to, but I still think it will be worth it. I am so grateful to my great God that he gave me this opportunity to work with such a good friend. I'm also grateful for Todd's job, whether it is in the "time slot" that we prefer or not.
Job 1:21
explains my feelings in a very succinct way...“The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD” May I always remember that my family and I are in His ever loving grip.

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

I'm so glad that this opportunity has opened itself for you. I know that you were looking forward to working with Robbie, but didn't think you'd have the chance. I hope that the year is filled with the making of LOTS of new friends, and that you enjoy going to work each day. I wish this had happened sooner so that we could have enjoyed this together last year! Thank you for thinking of me to go and work there as well, and I would have jumped at the chance were I not so excited for the changes coming up in our family. You have to keep me posted on how it is, though! And call or email when you have a book fair so that I can come and volunteer!