Monday, July 13, 2009

That Was a LONG 4 day trip...

So, I went to Denton for the 4th of July. Todd couldn't leave until Friday morning because of work, so I decided to leave Thursday afternoon and stay a day longer than Todd as well.

Its July in Texas, so the heat is on! Like 103 degrees heat! My a/c went out on the way up there and I thought I was going to pass out. I would try it with the windows open...hot, windows closed, and hot a/c air blowing in my face...hot. I tried windows up, no air....hot. It was absolutely awful, so when I get there...my dad hooks me up with a mechanic. He is cheap, he is good. Great!

I also needed new shocks and a timing belt replaced, so daddy and Todd go get the parts and drop the car off. They wait on another part, so they don't start to work on my car until Monday. That's fine. (remember it is a holiday weekend). I can just go home Tuesday night, right?

Monday...they give me a new condenser for my A/c because it had a hole in it for a rock. Yippeee, its working.

Tuesday, they fix the shocks...YAY! And my timing belt. Yahoo! Bad news...it wasn't done until late, so we plan to pick it up Wed! No big deal...Ill go home Wed. Afternoon.

I pack up Wed. morning and go pay for and pick up my car. Shocks are great and most importantly the air is on and it is cold! I drive off and notice about 10 miles down the road that my engine light was on. Uh-Oh. I decide to have them look at it the next day. I can just go home Thursday or Friday.

The mechanic's wife has a kidney infection and she has to go to the hospital...so...no mechanic Thursday.
Friday....we drop the car off and he says he will look at it. We wait to hear from them...he says he fixed it. It was just a loose connection that was making the sensor go off. Then on his test drive, the light comes on again...He will fix it Sat. morning and call when it is ready. He finally figures out that it is the sensor that is bad. We tell him okay, we will come pick the car up a little later. He says he is going to his daughters house where his sick wife is and that we should call when we are ready to go and he will meet us with our keys.

We started calling at 1:00 pm and got NO ONE...The phone would just go to static. We kept calling until late that night.

My dad finally gets a hold of the wife. She tells him" We heard you wanted to get in touch with us"...My dad asked...why didn't you call me back...my daughter has needed to go home."

She either hung up or lost the connection. Later, we found out he was out of minutes on his phone...I don't know how it all went down, but I do know that I was able to pick up my car at about 2 on SUNDAY at a tire shop.

My dad ended up hearing one of the workers say...Yep, he used to work for me. GREAT mechanic, but just not EVER dependable.

I don't understand people. Really. It would have taken 5 minutes of his time to find SOMEONE with a freakin' phone to call me. People like that frustrate the devil out of me. Blatant selfishness and Insensitivity is one of those things I can't put up with.

So yes, my 4 day trip lasted 11 Days! Most of them were fun days...just highly frustrating!

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

I'm glad that you had some good times with your family, at least. And also glad that you van seems to be running like new!