Thursday, July 2, 2009

Busy Summer So Far!

Last week we had VBS at our church at Spring Baptist. Both girls (read..."Delaney ALSO) had a great time. Delaney had fun singing and called it her "school". Kaytlynn had a good time as well. Her teachers repeatedly told me that she was "just the sweetest little girl!" I don't think that anything makes me prouder than hearing that...and with her I get to hear it all the time.

We went over to the Crenshaw's for cards Sat. afternoon. Dana made a homemade stew in her crock pot that was 100% organic and it was YUMM-O! We played spades and Up and Down the river until 10 and then walked home.

We went to church for the first time in what seems like ages on Sunday. It was good seeing everyone.

Monday we went to Moody Gardens for the new Dinosaur exhibit. I really liked it and so did the girls. We rode the paddle boat, saw the new animatronic dinosaur exhibit, enjoyed 2 "ride films" that were both based on "rescuing dinosaurs", saw a 45 minute IMAX filmed narrated by Michael Douglas on Dinosaurs...and also a quick 4 D film.

There is a dance floor inside the paddle boat. They play old Jazz music for all to enjoy and the kids love to go out there and strut their stuff. This time though, we were joined by a LARGE group of daycare children. They were loud, with poor manners, but what do you do? So, I am watching the girls dance on the dance floor when all of a sudden these little 3-6 year olds start dancing out there too...and they were being NAUGHTY!!!! I really could not believe my eyes and without thinking I screamed across the room...KAYTLYNN, DELANEY....GET OVER HERE NOW!!!! Of course they did so quite quickly. I did get a few smiles and giggles from other adults so I know they understood, and I wish I had been a little more discreet, but COME ON. Where did these kids see this stuff? I know that I shelter my girls from a lot that goes on, but I can't see where ANY person would think it was okay for their children to see, much less mimic, what I was seeing on that dance floor. It was one of those moments that was funny afterwards...and then sad.

The kids were so exhausted that they slept in the car on the way back home. We did very little yesterday because we were still a little tired.

No comments: