Friday, July 13, 2007

Wally is Powerful

2 notes before I tell the story

1. Wally is getting old (16 yrs old now) and now growls and lightly bites at the girls because they chase him and hit him with their wands or pet a little too rough. We try to tell them to stay away because he is "old and grumpy".

2. We are trying to teach Kaytlynn a few of God's characteristics...He is love, He is powerful, He is kind.

So me and the girls are in the bathroom and Kaytlynn is talking about how God is powerful and that we are his children...even Wally. I say "Yep, even Wally, because he made Wally" Then next thing you know Delaney says..."Wally is powerful like God" and before I can say anything, Kaytlynn makes a funny face and says..."No he's not. God's not old and grumpy!!!" and then she stops and looks at me with a questioning look and says "is he Mommy?"I had to try really hard not to burst out laughing when I told her...no, God's not old and grumpy.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

oh that's funny!

M said...

Don't ya love the things kids come up with?