Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Bad Hair Day

Yesterday I slept in a bit. Not much, but longer than the girls. They would come in and talk to me, ask for permission to do such and such, but other than that they were fine. It's not like this was the first time this has happened. I just don't like to wake up at 7 every morning like they do.

Anyway...I wake up, cook pancakes for the girls, watch a movie with the girls, do workbook pages with the girls and then do the ultimate for them....I get the mixer out and let them start "baking" an applesauce cake. I need to go check on the dryer so I walk past the TV. As I pass by, I notice Kaytlynns First Haircut picture is a little crooked. Its a folded piece of cardstock with her picture getting her haircut on one side of the page and a clear envelope holding the cuttings of her first cut. Well when I go to adjust the card, I notice THERE IS NO HAIR IN THE ENVELOPE. Kaytlynn decided to "play" with it. She used her step stool to get it while I was sleeping and "just did this"...she says as she rubs her fingers together letting pretend hair fall from her fingers to the ground! We looked and couldn't find any...I was so angry and sad. I made her go to her room and had Todd come home from his lunch break because I felt like I was going to snap! She ended up being so sorry...she even pet my head when she apologized. So I guess when we go for her second "hair cut" we will say it is her first to get some new locks of hair!!! Id rather have her than her locks, but it would be so nice to have both! I just keep telling myself that this is just going to be hilarious one day! It will, won't it?

No comments: