Thursday, July 26, 2007

Getting Ready For School

We are getting ready for all types of school. This week has been awful. Next week all of my work is due in my YA Lit class that I am taking for the 4th time, so I am cramming in as much as I can. I am also doing curriculum writing for the Battle of the Books, so I have been reading those 10 books and writing questions to go along with them. I don' t think I have ever read so much in my life. The last Harry Potter book...Deathly Hallows came out last Saturday and although I have my book and audio CD's ready and sitting on my bookshelf, I am too busy to read it, and it is driving me mad!!! I will say that I do catch myself smiling as I see all 7 books lined up neatly in a row on the shelf though. It makes me smile seeing it look so complete...I guess it is the librarian in me!!!

Another thing that was accomplished this week for school, was Kaytlynn getting her school shots. I still can't believe she is going to school in 6 weeks! Delaney got hers as well, and although they both screamed bloody murder while receiving 4 shots each, they calmed down pretty quickly, and boy were they sleepy that evening. They came home and immediately asked where their prizes were for being so brave. Kaytlynn got Strawberry Shortcake and Apple Dumplin' dolls and a bunk bed for them and Delaney received an Angel Food Cake doll, so they were happy in the end!

As far as Statistics for the girls...here they are:
Kaytlynn took a hearing test and an eye exam and passed with flying colors.
When questioned about the letters, she could sound them all out, but couldn't name them all!!!
She new all her shapes and colors and counted fine. They said she was doing great.

She is 4 years and 11 months
weighs 40.5 pounds = 50 - 75%
42 inches tall = 50%
BMI 16.1 = 50 - 75%


Delaney impressed them by knowing all the shapes and a few other things that they questioned her on. They said they usually are a little ahead when they have a sibling a little bit older than them. We told them about her only knowing the colors pink and purple and told them that at first we thought she was color blind maybe, but now know that she just doesn't care! They laughed and said girls weren't colorblind...and that she was fully capable...she just didn't want to. They said not to worry about it....so I guess we won't!

Delaney is exactly 3 1/2 years old
Weighs 35 pounds = 50 - 75%
40 1/2 inches tall = 90 %
BMI = 15 25- 50%

No comments: