Monday, March 31, 2008

Precious Crystal...

As a child, I grew up hearing "Be careful. You'll fall and break your crystal." I don't quite know if that is "country talk", "Gasch talk", "Bell talk", or just "old people talk". My friends think it is funny. They laugh that about it, debating whether its dirty or silly and ponder the deep meaning of a person's crystal.

Anyway, I use the same phrase with my daughters. And they take it as seriously, as I did as a child. I mean, who would ever want to break their crystal, right?

Last night, the family was saying their nightly prayers....God bless Mommy, Daddy, Nana and Papa, Jacob, Emily, Gracie, Grandma and Grandpa, our friends...etc. etc. etc. You get the picture...these heartfelt prayers can last forever. Well, Kaytlynn, Todd, and I had already prayed. Delaney started in...Thank you for ______ and ______. You get the picture. Then she goes into, "please help people not break bones or their crystals...We love you and Jesus, AMEN.

Todd and I grabbed each others hands so hard and we were both shaking in the dark, from laughing so hard, trying to keep quiet, so that poor Delaney wouldn't hear us. I hope I never forget Delaney praying for every one's crystals...whatever they are!!!

No comments: