Thursday, October 15, 2009

Daddy, You're My Heroine

A few weeks ago, we were driving home from an evening at Grandma and Grandpa Northrup's house, when all of a sudden we hear Kaytlynn say "Daddy, you're my heroine." Todd and I froze. We went stiff and bug eyed. I then asked her to repeat herself and she did...loud and clear as a bell..."Daddy, you're heroine."

After a little bit of questioning, she correlated the word with the book Fancy Nancy, when Nancy learns that Sacagawea was a heroine...as in a FEMALE HERO.

Lots of giggles followed, and it just showed me in 2 things that I already knew. Kids really do learn a lot of new vocabulary words just through someone reading to them...AND...I have spent a lot of time from kids from the hood...cause I went directly to the drug!

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

Haha, this post made me laugh! I definitely didn't think about a female hero, either! Goodness they remember everything!