Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl

I finished it, and it was a fun read. I had never read about the Tudors until this novel. It was like a soap opera, but aren't most politics? It will be a movie and I look forward to it, if for no other reason then for the beautiful costumes that I am sure will be in the picture.

I have started Pillars of the Earth...its a big one...1000 pages, so it will take me quite some time, but I have heard that it is very much worth the read. The people that have read it made me feel a little too intimidated to read it for some time...making it seem like it was a really deep book, but I am 1/3 through the book and it hasn't been as described at all. It isn't just fun fluff(which I happen to enjoy reading), but it certainly doesn't make you sit and rethink life. So if you are not reading the book for the same reason...dive in. It has been quite intriguing! Again...it is about a time period in which I have read very little. It makes me really appreciate the time period in which I live!!!

1 comment:

CK Photo said...

I love this book. There are many more about Henry VIII you should read. I am excited about the movie.