Sunday, February 10, 2008

Dry Child, Holy Child

So Delaney earned a new Boz movie. The deal was, go 5 nights without a wet diaper and you get a new DVD. She loves Boz...hes a big green loveable bear that teaches educational concepts like your ABCs and 123's right alongside with Godly principles like caring, sharing, loveing, etc.

She didn't have a wet diaper last night, which happens to be the first time in a long time.

But wait...wasn't the deal five nights in a row? Not with your husband at church and your in bed sick as a dog and your daughter is both happy and crying because she has a dry diaper and wants a Boz movie. Here...have at it kiddoe! (probably not the best parenting move).

Fast forward. Kaytlynn, Delaney and I are happy in mommy's bed watching Boz. At the end of each Boz show the two twins, Drew and Gracie, say the same prayer that goes like this:

Thank you God as this day ends
For my family and my friends
blah blah blah
Thank you God for this great day.
A-men

Boz then sings:
Wherever you are
Near or far
God loves you
and I do too!

So my kids sing with it...and then Kaytlynn looks over at me and says...why do they say a-men at the end of the prayer. I go into "spiritual moment" with her and explain as scholarly as I can that it means let it be...that you believe what you have just said and that you are giving those thoughts over to God. She says...well that's not very nice.

I said...we say it after our prayers...why is it not nice for them. She explains with one eyebrow higher than the other that..."MOMMY, we say A-men when talking to God...NOT AAAAHHH MAN!" me translating...( ahhh shucks).

I wanted to roll off the bed laughing!

We then had a deep conversation about dialect!

No comments: