Sunday, June 3, 2007

An Unusual Sunday

It is unusual because we didn't go to church. I have a sinus headache and my throat hurts, so I sent Todd up to the church to rock the Babies A class and I spent my morning doing laundry. The house is a mess and I don't quite know how it got in such a disarray so quickly, other than that I have a 3 and a 4 year old.

Todd went to Sams with Delaney to pick up my birthday present. It is an arbor for our back porch. I am hoping it will ease some of the sun coming through our back windows. I took Kaytlynn to Michael's and bought a few crafts for the girls to do during the summer and used my 40% off coupon to buy an acrylic stamp block. While we were there Kaytlynn begged me for an odd little prize and I got it for her. She wanted a patriotic door hanger. Its made of wood and has a flag painted on it. It was so cute that she wanted it, that I couldn't say no...needless to say it doesn't match my decor, but who cares, because it makes her smile!

As I type right now, Todd is in the backyard putting my arbor together while the girls sit at their picnic table and eat their PB&J sandwiches that they made all by themselves. They have just started doing this and are so proud of themselves. They make them for Todd and myself as well...and lets just say they are heavy on the peanut butter!

Don't you just love getting in contact with an old friend! I had the pleasure of not 1 but 2 old friends contact me this week. Jill Fitzpatrick, an old friend I taught with at Bammel Middle School sent me an E card for my birthday and Marie Downer now Marie Jimenez contacted me through myspace. I knew Marie at SFA and we spent most of our class times together and go together a couple of times a week to just hang out. I mostly remember her from when my house burned down. I spent the night crying at her apartment, and she was happy to be there for me. They both live in the Austin area (they don't know each other), and I hope to see them some time this summer! I can't wait.

No comments: