Friday, June 15, 2007

Home Again

We got in this morning at 1:00 am. The girls sat in the back of the minivan watching Barbie Princess and the Pauper and a Strawberry Shortcake movie, while Todd slept, I drove and listened to an audio book for my class. Delaney stayed awake the whole way home and when we turned into our neighborhood, she finally gave up the ghost and went to sleep. We didn't want to come home but Todd just accepted a job at DHL and was asked to come home early for a meeting and other stuff, so home we came. It is probably for the best since we have my assistant principals wedding to go to tomorrow in Giddings, Texas. I always hate leaving there, because everyone has such a good time. We spent most of our time at the pool or just chatting while watching the kids run wild in their back yard. The funniest thing that happened was us taking the kids to my mother's duck pond in her neighborhood. While feeding the ducks, Kaytlynn bent over a bit too much and fell right into that nasty green water! Her head popped up and she actually swam to the side, with her eyes as big as I have ever seen them, while my sister pulled her up on to the ground. ...my mother yelling "get her, get her, get her"...she freaked out as much as Kaytlynn did. Kaytlynn shocked me when she swam, since she didn't know how to really.We tried to blow it off by saying..."why did you get to go swimming and we didn't?"...she just looked at herself in disgust and said matter of factly, "Well, I am all wet"!

No comments: