Monday, June 18, 2007

Mommy, We're In Love

So I am sitting in the office typing on the computer and Kaytlynn is going to the bathroom across the hall....and I hear "Mommy, we are in love, right?" I said yes, and she started giggling. She said, "We are in love, because we are a family". I wanted to melt.

Today the girls started swimming lessons and ballet lessons at the YMCA. Swimming Mon, Tu, Wed., Thurs. from 9:15-9:45; and Ballet 3:30-4:30. Kaytlynn had a fun time swimming...they practiced blowing bubbles, kicking, and jumping of the side into the water. Delaney didn't think it was so great. She hardly participated and then about halfway through, she walked of the steps she was supposed to be sitting on and went straight down. I kick my shoes off and scream her name (getting ready to jump in) and the teacher swims over to get her. She didn't want to participate anymore, but I was a mean mommy and made her. She likes water, but doesn't enjoy pools that much, but I want her to at least know how to get to the side if something like this ever happens again.

I put in an hour on the treadmill while the girls played and then we went home, ate and napped!

Ballet went better even though there were a couple of times that they both got frustrated and wanted to stop. I ended up bribing them....if they tried their best, they got a Strawberry Shortcake Doll. So they did well. Their teachers name is Ms. Suzie, who is very formal, and doesn't put up with any nonsense (which impressed me), and the helper is a young girl named Allissa. They were both very nice to the girls.

We will be swimming again tomorrow, so I am keeping my fingers crossed! Meanwhile, I am going to go play with the girls I am in love with!

No comments: