Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Delaney's Practically a Fish...almost.

We just got back from the YMCA. Today was the first day Delaney didn't cry and it only cost me a Strawberry Shortcake pony and a Lemon Meringue Pie doll. Yes...I bribed her. But it worked and she did so well. She was so proud of herself every time she got in the water and kicked or blew bubbles or whatever. She was still scared...I just knew she was going to yank her swimming coaches swimsuit top right off with the way she was pulling on it!

Kaytlynn is doing wonderfully. She was the only one in her class that could go to the bottom of the "deep end" and pick up something they threw down there. They called it treasure, but it is actually a plastic stick. Everyone smiles and laughs at her because she is a little cheerleader! She yells...Go Delaney Go...Good Job Delaney, Good Job! She high fives and gives thumbs up. She is definitely an encourager. She does the same for Theo and Brianna, who are also in her class.

I bought them both a new swimsuit last night at Wal-mart. They are pink with brown polka dots. Kaytlynn keeps correcting me that it is black. I tell her they are brown and she will just nod. Then I caught her telling Delaney in her ear "They are really black...she's wrong". Little Stinker! I think she has a little bit too much of me in her at times.

Today will be extra traumatic because at 2:00 I am meeting the girls for the dentist office. Both are going in for check ups and cleanings. This ought to be quite interesting, as even brushing their teeth is a triathlon sometimes.

No comments: