Saturday, April 5, 2008

Field Day at the Farm!

My neighbors, Dana and Jeff Crenshaw, invited our family to go with them to visit a farm. It was a small farm (140 acres) in Cameron, Texas. The owners allow you to have a picnic on their property, show you their dairy, let you gather eggs from over 300 laying chickens, feed pigs, plow a field, ride a wagon, pet their very large sheep dogs, and just sit back and enjoy nature. Well, it sounded like a great time, and also, my mother's family just happens to be from Cameron. My great-grandfather helped build the Baptist Church in town. My maternal grandmother was raised just a few miles outside of town in Ben Arnold and a lot of my family is buried in the Little River Cemetery. I thought it would be neat to see this place since I have not visited since I was a child visiting my Uncle Hal and Aunt Ula.

The girls had an absolute blast. They ran and played with my neighbors kids, chased chickens and gathered their eggs. They pet 2 horses, and played on their tiny jungle gym/swing set. Todd and I bought some milk, eggs, honey, salami, summer sausage, rib eye, and some morning finger sized sausages. I look forward to eating all of it...as they had samples, and it was all delicious.

I forgot the sandwiches I made and Todd forgot the sunscreen, so we ate at McDonald's and got burnt to a crisp.

On the way home, we stopped and got pictures of the girls in a patch of bluebonnets. I hope some of them came out well. Dana's littlest, Ethan, got in ants when he was getting his picture taken. I felt so sorry for him.
We have Ethan Crenshaw's birthday party tomorrow so we will be busy bees this whole weekend. I am so thankful for weekends like this, where I get to spend a lot of time with friends and just enjoying quality time with my family.

The girls are in the bathtub right now and they are either laughing or crying, so I better sign off for now!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

awww!! todd has got to teach you how to add photos! I want to see!!!

Chris and Kim said...

Come over and I'll show you how to add photos! They would be so cute on your blog! We can't wait for Evan to arrive and then we can do fun stuff with ya'll! It will be a blast!