Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day, Liam's Birth Announcement...And Merry Christmas to you :-)

  I had an amazing Mother's Day yesterday.  The older you get, the more you realize it really is the little things that make you feel special and loved.  Todd let me sleep until 10:30.  That time is unheard of since giving birth to my little Fonzi.  He is still getting up 3 and 4 times a night.  Those numbers paired with getting up at 6 am for work add up to one sleepy mommy.  It was a great present.  I made waffles for the girls while Todd slept for an hour or 2.  Todd asked me what I wanted the girls to get me.  He usually goes with them to pick out some jewelry.  I told him all that I wanted was something homemade...perhaps drawings, colored pages and a hand written card.  But the caveat was that it had to be time consuming.  Well planned and done with love.  They were completely up to the task.  I will attach pictures later, but they colored these mosaic coloring pages and wrote sweet notes to me on the back.  Delaney even wrote me a note in cursive for the first time.  They constantly asked if I needed something to eat or drink.  They didn't argue, or fuss.  It was truly lovely.  Todd is always so busy that he is always behind on his honey do's...so that was his present to me.  He went to the store to pick up groceries, sent off our Christmas cards and Liam's Birth Announcements, and picked those up, went to the mall to pick up a ring I had re-sized, and had the girls pick up around the house.  

I was planning on driving to Denton to surprise my mother and sister for Mother's Day, but my kids all have a small virus.  Nothing big, but the Dr. said they needed to stay home.  So thanks to technology and the fact we bought my mother an I-pad, we all spoke to one another for 3 hours on Facetime.  It was a great time spent talking about nothing specific and full of lots of giggles and laughter.  We don't get to do it often enough.  It was a winning kind of day.  I am so thankful to have these amazing people in my life.  It doesn't go over my head how blessed I am to have these wonderful relationships in my life.  I hope that each of them know how much I love them and what I am willing to do for them.  All I can say is God is so good to me.


So Liam is now 5 months old...almost 6, but lets not think about that sadness!...And you just read the fact that we just had the kids Christmas picture and Liam's birth announcement printed.  Sad, I know.  But I'm so tired that my tired is tired.  I've signed the back of the Christmas cards  "Merry Christmas in May from the mother of a newborn"  I am hoping it brings a smile to everyone and that they really do believe the old adage, "Better late than never".

I wrote thank you notes on the back of Liam's birth announcements...so it was a 2 for one deal.  Everyone at work loved them.  They are almost as cute as he is!


No comments: