Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Birthday and Kaytlynn's Graduation

May 29th, 2008 was a big day at our house.

First of all...I turned 34. I woke up to the phone ringing at 6:45 and listened to my dad sing Happy Birthday. I don't quite know how I feel about it. Sometimes, in fact most of the time, I like my life more now that I am a little older. I did the math though, and realized I am probably middle aged now. I will be pretty lucky if I make it to 68, so its a little depressing to think that its half-way over!

I only worked until Noon so that I could go and see Kaytlynn's graduation at Spring Baptist. They were so darn cute! They sang their favorite songs...Oh Won't You Be My Valentine(Kaytlynn's favorite), Jesus Loves Little Me (my favorite) and a cute little song called A Tuti Ta! They also performed a cute short musical called "Obedient Bee" and then left the stage and came back in their cute little cap and gowns!!! They looked so adorable! Before they received their diploma they said what they learned in Kindergarten. Kaytlynn learned about "seasons". Ms. Lopez, her original teacher, came to give them their diplomas. It was really nice to see her again, since she left mid-year to fight breast cancer.

After the ceremony, we went back to their classrooms for a class party and boy were the kids WILD!!! As we were walking to the car, Kaytlynn smiled at me and said "Today was a really good day at school...we didn't have to do ANY WORK!" Out of the mouths of babes!

We went home and took a 2 hour nap, while Todd went back to work. Later the girls gave me my cute birthday card and Kaytlynn gave me bath salts and Delaney gave me a bag full of goodies from Bert's Bee's. They sang Happy Birthday to me. I also got to speak to my sister and mother.

It was really a great day.

2 comments:

Chris and Kim said...

Happy Late Birthday! I didn't talk to you on your birthday; I'm sorry! I'm so glad that you had a really good birthday and day with your girls. I can't wait for days like that!

Jeanne said...

what a wonderful day! I am sad that Nico didn't have graduation ceremony.... oh well.