Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Sister's First Long Visit...

For anyone that knows me well, you know that either I am sick, my girls are sick, my sister's sick, or one of her babies are sick. My kids LITERALLY know and love my mother's emergency room Dr....sad huh? One or both get bronchitis or pneumonia every time we visit (except for this past Christmas...YAY!)

Well God blessed us and made sure everyone was feeling well and Lisa, Jacob (9), Emily (6) and Gracie (3) came for 10 solid days of fun. We went to the Children's Museum, The Aquarium, hung out and watched movies, did crafts, and had a VERY Belated Birthday party for Delaney (they weren't able to come). We took the kids to get their pictures taken, and took them all to Target and let them all choose any toy they wanted. We let the kids swim several times,and we went to Lisa's old neighborhood on Brockhampton and ate at the pizza place named Pizzini's that our family used to eat at when we were little. We also went to look at her old Elementary school.

We went to New Caney and looked at the house that I grew up in and just drove around...everything had changed! I hope to go to Corinth and Denton in late July!

We really had a ball. It was exhausting, but so much fun. Both sets of kids were so sad to leave...even after 10 days, so it was definitely a success.

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

I'm so glad that you were able to spend time together. It sounds like you had a blast! Let's hope everyone stays well so that you can do it again soon!