Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Parents Just Had to Buy a White Car...

So...here's the story...

In 2001 My parents bought a brand new Blue 2002 Toyota Sienna Blue mini-van. In 2004, I had Delaney, and my Corolla died on I-35 North, so Todd and I bought a 2002 Blue Toyota Sienna. In 2005, my sister bought a Blue 2006 Sienna when she had Gracie.

I am assuming you are bright enough to see the pattern here. It was actually all by accident. We happen to be a "Toyota" family. My sister also has a Toyota Avalon, and we have a Corolla. My dad sort of "raised" us to like Toyotas.

Now the color...was really a coincidence. My parents liked the color blue, so they got it. We bought ours used...so we didn't even choose. My sister actually wanted a different color, but for some reason couldn't get it when she wanted the car...so blue was her second choice.

The blues are even different hues...and we didn't notice it, until one day we look out in my driveway and see 3 blue Toyota Sienna's. My neighbors probably think we are pretty wacky, but we thought it was hilarious...and would joke about it each time the family got together.

My parents don't like to drive cars with more than 100,000 miles on it. They think it is going to break down on a lonely highway and a gang of thugs are going to do who knows what to whom when they see them stranded on the side of the road. Their van has not been giving them any problems, and I tell my dad that is why you buy a Toyota...so it will go and go and go. His response. It has gone and gone and gone! So my dad went and got a brand new...you guessed it!!! Toyota Sienna. Except this time, it is WHITE!

The only thing I can guess here is that maybe we are starting a new pattern, because our relatively new Corolla is white, as well. But I am going to miss the see of blue parked in the driveway.

1 comment:

CK Photo said...

My Corolla (backin the 90's) had 150,000+ and was going strong. Until I hit the deer. I was going to keep it for a while.

We have a honda now, same reason, it will go forever, the last honda had 156,000 when we traded it in.