Saturday, January 26, 2008

Memory of December 14, 1992

I have decided to write some past memories down, in hopes that when my kids want a laugh about their mom and dad in the future, they won't have to depend on their mommies foggy memory!

Todd and I had just begun dating. We had gone to a couple of movies together, but that is about it. This time, Shannon, Holly and I went to Astroworld's Holiday in the Park and 2 memorable things happened.

#1. This had to be the most embarrassing date of my life. We were standing in line for a roller coaster and were bored. A friend of mine (I can't even remember who) had taught me how to rub my forefinger and thumb together on a belt loop of someones pants and it will make a ripping sound. It was kind of funny, so I asked Todd if he wanted me to show him how to do it. He agreed and I proceeded to YANK OFF HIS ENTIRE BELT LOOP. Can you say mortified??? Luckily, he laughed.

#2. He dropped me off that night at Shannon and Holly's house and gave me the quickest peck on the lips that anyone had ever seen. He hopped in his car, afterwards and immediately drove away. This was our first kiss.

No comments: