Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Kind of Sleeping Partner I Am....

I have had 3 crappy things happen in the last 12 hours, so pray that my day gets better.
#1. I was chewing gum...very soft gum, and it pulled a large filling (more than 20 years old) right out of my tooth. Need I say more to describe the pain.

2. I got a horrible headache last night. I couldn't believe how awful it was. I took medicine, which took a little bit of the edge off, but it was still bad, and then got a sinus headache to boot.

3. Last night I woke up suddenly, with my husband screaming "oooowwwwwww" "what the hell are you doing". He proceeds to tell me I scratched him with ALL of my fingernails (as in, on purpose to harm) on his forehead. Well, I felt absolutely awful, especially when he tells me he is bleeding. I ask if he wants me to go get some of our Mexican Penicillin salve to put on it and he says no. I keep apologizing, and I do realize at this point, that I must have been having a bad dream, because I was covered in sweat and my heart was racing. A couple of minutes pass and it this point he is laughing about it, and so I relax a little. When I do, I realize that my fingernails hurt...Bad. When I say this, and explain that the feeling feels like I just bent my fingernails back, he says, something to make me feel better, but ends the sentence with something like "Ill just go get some anti-scarring cream tomorrow morning". I hopped out of bed quickly and turned on the lights to look and there are my fingernail scratches. It looked like Freddy Kreuger had been there. I wanted to crawl in a hole under a rock to live there.

So as I sit to type this, my wounded husband is off to the pharmacy to get his scarring cream. Anybody want to come over for a sleepover with me?
__________________

2 comments:

Chris and Kim said...

I hope Todd feels better soon! At least you weren't cussing him out, too! Did you ever remember what your dream was?

M said...

Freddie swears I tried to suffocate him when I was pregnant with Maddy. I just remember him snoring and me wanting it to stop. He told me the next day I wasn't allowed to watch any more Lifetime movies because they were always about women trying to kill their husbands and he was afraid I was picking up on some subliminal message. :)

Hope Todd's feeling better!