Wednesday, February 3, 2010

We Have New Pets...

Last week, I went to the mail box and saw a brown package inside. I couldn't imagine what was in there. After guessing, I got it inside and opened it, and there was a small test tube full of ants! I had forgotten all about the ants we sent off for SEVERAL weeks ago. They were crawling all over the place, which was kind of disturbing to watch, because there was no room they were having to crawl all over each other.

I placed the tube in the refrigerator so that the ants would go to sleep and set the timer for 10 minutes so that I wouldn't forget about them and freeze them. I got them out of the refrigerator and I'll be, if those ants weren't all curled up like balls looking deader than dead. I really thought that I had killed them all, but emptied them in the gel ant farm...30 minutes later, they were all moving and grooving.

The girls got home from AWANAS to see them and they thought that it was just too cool. Katlynn has especially enjoyed watching them. She has a favorite and she named him Fred.

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

Great idea! I didn't know about the cooling thing to make them sleepy... very cool.