Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving...

We went to my in-laws house on Friday night. Kevin, Marcia, and Justin came down from Michigan. Marcella and Juliana were there and the girls played with them the whole time. We had Hamburgers, homemade chocolate chip , rice crispy treats.

We stayed home Saturday t(Todd worked), Sunday and Monday to clean and get a few Christmas things down. We drove up on Wed. morning to Corinth where my sister lives. We did nothing but play around.

We didn't have Thanksgiving on Thursday because my mom worked that day, But on Friday, we did. I made Cherry salad, candied yams, and brown and served Hawaiian rolls and that is it. They don't trust me with anything else, & I don't like all the pressure, so I am okay with that list! My sister did green beans, green bean casserole, and other veggies, my mother made the turkey and fruit salad, pumpkin pie and pecan pie.

It was all yummy! But the best part was just spending time together. We brought the Wii and it was used all week, but especially by Jacob and Todd. One night, Mother, Lisa and I played Mexican Train (domino game) and I do believe that this game is becoming some type of tradition with us as we have been playing it for about 2 years now. My parents have never been game players, but all of a sudden my mother has decided this is fun. The day before we left, we even got my dad to play bowling on the wii with us. This was a fun surprise! My mother likes to do this game as well.

We drove home late Sunday night. It was full of traffic and such, so it took us about 7 hours to get home...no fun, but well worth the week. To add to the drama, Kaytlynn got car sick from watching too many movies and threw up several times. It was of course in the middle of no where, so there was nothing to do, but we were luckily prepared with towels, bucket, and drinks, etc. so it wasn't as bad as it COULD have been, but still....not exactly a prime driving experience.

2 comments:

Chris and Kim said...

I feel Kaitlynn's pain with the motion sickness...

-Dana, Child of God said...

Nothing about six flags...I feel insulted! :)