Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Girls Went Away

My parents came for a visit one weekend. When they did, my sister suggested that I send the girls back to Denton while I spend my last week at work. I didn't know how well it would go, but said yes, thinking that in the worst case scenario, we could just meet half-way and go get them.

My sister and I used to spend about 2 weeks each summer at my Aunt Barbara's and Memaw's (my mom's mom). We loved every minute of it. I never go homesick. Now that I am older, I realize that that isn't always the case. Kids can't sleep or whatever if they aren't home in their bed. Well, lets just say...my kids didn't miss me one DING DANG BIT!

I would call each night to check on them (and because I was missing them like crazy). I would ask each time...are you ready to come home. Each time the answer was NO MA'AM! It was kinda funny actually. Todd didn't like it too much, because he missed them more than I did. But the truth is, we were both working that week, so we only missed seeing them awake for about 3 hours a day.

They really did have a ball with their cousins. They played down by the creek at Lisa's house, they jump roped, played freeze tag, went to a jump and crawl space joint called Going Bonkers. They watched movies, made cookies and just had loads of fun. I'm glad they are back but I am so glad they got to go. Thank you, Lisa, for showing my girls such a good time and for loving them so much.

No comments: