Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Delaney learns the letter M!

Delaney likes homework just as much as Kaytlynn dispises it. I'm not really big on "teaching" my kids anything before they start school. Other than encouraging her to write a little and reading to her anytime I can, I don't do much. Plenty of time for that later, and I only have them little for so long. I try to spend more time learning about how to love, understand the difference between right and wrong, how to be a good friend, daughter, and most importantly...a follower of God and His Word. Anywho....

Delaney is going through the Explode the Code workbook...I don't even understand the concept of enjoying a workbook, but she has done about 30 pages so far. First the Letter B, then F, and today, we started the letter M. She is such a smart kid and she breezes right through the pages without a problem.

Well, to review...I let her show off to her daddy. In front of Todd, I ask, Delaney, what letter did we learn about today. Delaney screamed "M!" I then ask Delaney "What sound does M make", knowing she would get it right. Delaney screams "YeeHAWWWWW".

(Its rodeo time and she just got a new cowboy hat)! At least I knew where this "Delaney connection came from, UNLIKE her talking about eating Swans :-).

We laughed so hard that she went around saying M says YeeHaw several times tonight!

Todd hit the nail on the head when he labled Delaney the Queen of One Liners.

I love you and your quirkiness, Sweet Delaney!

No comments: