Sunday, December 30, 2007

What a Week...

We just got back to Houston after spending the week in Denton with my parents. It was a really good and really bad week. We arrived on the 22nd and spent the first couple of days just chatting, eating, wrapping and playing spades. Mother played with us, which is unusual to say the least, but very fun.

We took the kids to see Santa at my mother's little mall and to our surprise...there was absolutely no wait! We got a pic of just our girls and then we also got a pic with the other grand kids as well. Santa was so nice. He specifically asked each child what they wanted. I thought he was so gentle and sweet. I loved his disposition...it was perfect. Both pics came out nicely to boot! The kids then went to a small dinky carousel (a 3 seater) and rode it until we ran out of quarters!

Dec. 24th, Santa made his yearly appearance outside my parents backyard...and it was a hilarious meeting...yet again. Each kid was very excited to tell him what they wanted...and wouldn't you know that my girls CHANGED WHAT THEY WANTED RIGHT THERE ON THE SPOT!!!! I wanted to cry!

Ill type more later since I don't want some person reading 18 paragraphs about my Christmas, and truthfully...I am sitting here enjoying listening to The Statler Brothers "The Christmas Card" C.D. which is not my usual type of group to listen too but probably more beautiful due to the fact that I listened to this as a record at my parents house 1000 times each Christmas as a child. Memory Lane is a nice place to be every once in a while...especially at Christmas time.

No comments: