Thursday, December 6, 2007

Our 10 Years!

Yes, Todd and I actually celebrated our 10 year anniversary today. I can't believe it, because it really does seem like yesterday. When Todd is getting me an anniversary present, I like him to get me the traditional gift...For example...Anniversary 1, the traditional gift is paper. Todd got me Romeo and Juliette print by Jeffrey Barson. The 2nd anniversary is cotton...he bought me a quilt, so as you can see...he does use his imagination ( or knows someone who does!) Fast forward to year 10...the gift should be made of tin. He showed up about an hour into my workday, which is odd, with a big smile on his face, holding a big tin of cookies. I tell him thank you...laugh with him...and little does he know, he just made my day. He then asks "you want a cookie....I open the lid and amongst all the cookies is a small black jewelry box...holding a beautiful tanzanite and diamond ring inside. He did really well. He can really be a romantic when he wants to be.

We didn't get to see each other till 8:00 tonight because I had a late night school program, but I am sure we will go out on a date somewhere tomorrow night. I'm grateful God let me have him 10 years ago...Here's praying for another 40!

No comments: