Saturday, September 8, 2007

Kindergarten

Kaytlynn started Kindergarten on September 5th. We have been so busy that I have not really had a chance to post. She loves it. She is going to Spring Baptist Church and there are 8 other kids in her class. She goes full days on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I didn't get to take her on the first day of school, like I am sure most of the other mommies were able to do, but Todd did video walking her into class. She looked so cut with her Disney Princesses backpack and her black Siamese cat lunch bag. She comes home each night with one page of homework and gets 3 new site words each week. She is working on the letter T, learning her shapes, and her 3 site words this week are SEE, CAN, and I. I really want school to be a great experience for her. Something she can learn from and enjoy. I never could seem to do both of those after about 2nd grade until I reached college.

Delaney has been fine as far as being happy at Carmen's, though she did ask one morning to see Kaytlynn on the way to drop her off at Carmen's, but when she gets home, she is silently begging for attention with "dad, watch me do this, and mom watch what I can do." We clap and hoot and holler for her and it seems to be working, because it is lessening already!

Today is Saturday and Todd took them to work with him for about an hour and they had a good time playing hide and seek and running races. We even got a nap in today...and that is rare!

No comments: