Friday, September 21, 2007

Kaytlynn's First NOTE HOME!!!!

Wow! I can't believe how the time is flying with Kaytlynn. She is doing very well for the most part although, we got our first note home. Kaytlynn so far, has mainly been working on her shapes, colors, writing her name, and working on writing and learning 2 new letters a week, and 3 new sight words a week. I can't believe she has only been to school 9 times (it is only a 3 day a week school) and she can already read I, Can, See, Is, It, In, This, A and something else that I evidently can't remember. She didn't like doing sight words at first...but now she thinks she is soooo smart. She even asked me tonight if she was as smart as me yet! So she comes home with these checks and check +'s all the time...of course we are thrilled with it...EXCEPT twice now...they have worked on sequencing and at the top of her paper is a check minus and the teacher says..."done with help". no worries, right? Well the 3rd one came home this week with a note that said she needed to work on her listening skills. I automatically start thinking...SHE'S TALKING WHEN SHE SHOULD BE WORKING. So I call the teacher at home (one of the perks of sending your kid to private school). Low and behold, Kaytlynn is EXTREMELY quiet at school, but she looks around and sort of daydreams a lot. I am now putting 2 and 2 together and realizing...if its tough or she doesn't want to do it...she stresses out and "checks out" for a while. I told the teacher to redirect her...and to call us if it continues, because that is not typical. I think her teacher is very meek...and Kaytlynn is used to Hitler Mommy...so maybe she is trying to push...so far, no new notes, so I am hoping she settles down and the teacher will start calling her on it. I also pointed out to the teacher that Kaytlynn is a baby of the class since she was born 15 days too early for the cut off. I don't think she knew it, because she even stated on the phone that it probably is just a maturity thing...especially considering that she hasn't been to pre-school.
I can say I was relieved to hear that it wasn't talking...I did not want to go through the Like Mother, Like Daughter phase!
Tomorrow we go to GG Tamez's Birthday party...swimming, of course, say they are pumped up about that.

No comments: