Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Kaytlynn is 5 and Graceful!

Kaytlynn turned 5 today. I've been dreading it for a couple of months now, and it is just as sad to me today as I thought it would be. She asked me almost the minute that she opened her eyes this morning if it was her birthday! I sang Happy Birthday to You all day to her...except when I was supposed to say her name...I would say a silly name instead Happy Birthday Ms. Magilicuddy....Happy Birthday Shing a Ling a Ding Dong....Happy Birthday Stinky Cheese Man...and she would laugh so hard...saying THAT'S NOT MY NAME...I'M KAYTLYNN NAFWUP!!!! Nafwup is how she pronounces it. The only names acceptable to her in the song were My Tinkerbell (her nickname) and Kaytlynn.

We went to my school today. I worked in the library getting ready for school to start. The girls watched Dora DVDs and colored and cut construction paper. My Assistant Principal Mr. Green had his little girl Kayla come play for a while, and Ms. Uhlig's daughter, Skyler, played as well, so the girls had fun. I also met my new AP...her name is Jaunee Perry. She seemed nice...and knowledgeable.

When we were getting ready to leave the school to go home, Todd and I talked to each other on the phone to plan the evening. Todd wanted to know if Kaytlynn wanted Pizza for dinner...when I asked her, she said, "no, just cake". I of course added, we have to eat dinner before we eat cake...so she said...we can all have some yogurt, and then eat cake. So that is what we had for dinner. Yogurt and Cake! Todd went to order Kaytlynn's real birthday cake for her party on Sat. I am so excited because it is going to be a Barbie Doll cake. Where the cake is actually Barbie's dress! Kaytlynn is going to FLIP when she sees it.

We gave her a Wii game (Happy Feet)tonight, but she really wasn't that interested. Her new thing is drawing pictures with a pencil and lined paper, and hanging the finished product by a fancy sticker on a door...any door. They are ALL over the house. She also likes to make crowns out of paper and does a pretty darn good job of it, if I do say so myself. No one taught her how...don't even know where she came up with the idea. I think she is going to be a really creative thinker.

Lastly...!!! She came prancing into the living room tonight...literally prancing, with a coy smile on her face. She said "now that I am five, I can be graceful...and then curtsied!!! it was so freakin' cute!!!! I laughed and agreed...she just giggled and pranced around a little more...sort of hopping on her tippie toes!

No comments: