Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Bunch of Stuff

I have not been to good posting, have I? I didn't realize it had been 2 weeks, but every time I thought about posting, I didn't have any time to post.

Kaytlynn had her actual birthday party. She had a Barbie party. The guests were my mom, Lisa, Scott, Jacob, Emily, Grace, Jeanne, G.G. and Nico Tamez, Anne, David and Gabriel Wisenbaker, Grandma and Grandpa Northrup and Todd, Delaney and me. Everyone had a good time. We played "Pin the Crown on Barbie", ring toss with a blow up castle, and just let the kids run around. We ate pizza and Kaytlynn had a HUGE barbie cake that she absolutely loved. I think her favorite part was us blowing up a hundred balloons and putting them in the dining room. She thought that was soooo cool! I was really sad on her real birthday, but her party was the Friday after her birthday and maybe it was because I was so busy or something, but it was a fun and happy day!

I started teacher in-service for the new school year the next week and this week has been the first week for the students to come. I have been EXHAUSTED!!!! It usually isn't this bad.

This weekend we are going north to Denton with some friends...Kim and Chris Gonzales. I teach with Kim at Cooper. WE are all going to go to Six Flags. If it doesn't rain, of course! It will be good getting to see my mom!

I have not been thinking about it much, but next week Kaytlynn starts Kindergarten. It makes me awfully sad, even though I know that I should be happy. I think she is going to do really well. She likes to learn and is usually a pleaser. I sure hope it is easy enough for her. She has only been around things that make her feel successful, so I hope that doesn't change at school. I also wonder how Delaney is going to do at Carmen's without her big sister. She can be so insecure at times. I have been trying to play up the good points of being all by herself with Carmen and she seems okay with it, but I can tell she doesn't get it.

1 comment:

M said...

I was about 2 seconds away from leaving you a nasty-gram about updating your blog, but decided to check one more time. :) Sorry you're so tired, it's so hard getting back into the swing of things at first. And I'm glad the birthday party was a success.