Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Music Lessons...



I have signed the girls up for music lessons. They are soooo excited. Kaytlynn has wanted to play the violin for a good year now and Delaney has wanted to play the piano. I have put it off for 2 reasons....a little bit because of money, but mainly, because I wanted to see if their desire would wear off. It didn't so they will start taking them at a place called 7 acre woods on Saturdays as soon as we get all of their books in that we have ordered.

The moment I knew I needed a violin, I called my friend Howie. He runs a music store in Porter and we were in choir together back in high school. He is the most talented musician I've ever known...playing anything that you can blow or strum. We went by his place and bought a 1/4 sized violin. Kaytlynn has thought it was the neatest thing since sliced bread!


Delaney and Kaytlynn outside Andrew's Music in Porter


Kaytlynn being fitted for the right size violin


Howie and Kaytlynn after our purchase! She was truly walking on sunshine!


3 comments:

With A Silver Lining said...

goood, violin is such a nice instrument and it's reallygood yougive your girls an opportunity to try! :) such a nice blog btw!

Anonymous said...

Is any one there who wants to play the violin for The Awen?
If the answer is yes write an e-mail to thebigboss13777@gmail.com; asking for J. T. Vlad

Anonymous said...

Is any one there who wants to play the violin for The Awen?
If the answer is yes write an e-mail to thebigboss13777@gmail.com; asking for J. T. Vlad