Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Birthday...From a Terrible Mom















Can I just say that sometimes I feel like deserve to be punished for my mother sins? Kaytlynn's birthday is in August. Delaney's is in January. They both JUST celebrated their birthdays...on my birthday this year. That's right...May 29th. Kaytlynn's birthday party continued to be postponed because my mom had to work, or my sister's kids were sick, or my dad had to work, or I had tutoring. Sometimes its very hard to get everyone in the family down to Houston on the same weekend. Well, before you know it...its Christmas! We planned on Delaney's to be in January but bad weather occurred. Then the kids got sick, then the gymnastics place she wanted it at was booked for a month...then TAKS season came. I must say, both children were as patient as Job and to make it up to Kaytlynn, I promised her a 24 hour sleep over with whoever she wanted! She was all over that. Delaney got an extra hour at the gym and we all settled on May 29th...not on my birthday on purpose...its just how it all came together. So on May 27th, my sister and her children came into town. On May 28th we started the party at 6:00...We had Kayla Green (my boss's daughter), Brenna Fricks (church friend), Lianna and Whitley Hunt (school friends) Jacob, Emily and Grace Nevin over for the fun. We let them make crafts and play on their new swing set their Daddy put together (with the help of my dad) and then we had hot dogs and moved on to cake. We opened presents and then the girls did more crafts and got into the finger nail polish. By abouta 9:15 Liana and Whitley went home and the rest stayed for movie and snack time. I think the snack time part was their favorite. We had 5 or more types of cola, candy, trail mix, etc. and let the girls just have carte blanche. They were COMPLETELY into this! By 12:30 they were all asleep on the living room floor. May 29th...they were up by 8:30 and ready for their breakfast of homemade waffles. My parents arrived EARLY that morning and everyone just did their own thing until 3:00 when we took all the girls to the Gymnasium...which is where Delaney's party began. They ran and jumped around like wild Indians for 2 hours, then we had snacks cake and presents. Thankfully, my children were very happy with their parties but I must say...I hope and will do my very best to ensure this never happens again. Its one of the many reasons I will be very happy to be working less this coming school year.

No comments: