Thursday, September 10, 2009

Long Time, No Blog

It has been really busy around here. I am enjoying my days teaching at Eickenroht Elementary school. Robbie, my principal and friend, has been doing a terrific job. We are so used to 1200 kids walking the halls that it is like heaven dealing with under 600 students. I have sent my order off for the new books and they should arrive in a couple of weeks. I set up for bookfair this week and the kids will be able to purchase next week. We will see how it goes. My head feels like it is spinning in so many directions. My assistant isn't even able to be there because her son has the Swine Flu.

I have signed the girls up for AWANAS for the year. Kaytlynn is in her 2nd year of SPARKS. Delaney left CUBBIES behind and started SPARKS as well. Tonight was their first night and Delaney has been sooo excited about going. When she found out that Ethan Crenshaw was not in her class though, she kinda freaked. So I asked if they could move her. They had no problem doing so, but then she still started crying saying she wanted to be with me. I talked to her about doing the right thing, even if we didn't want to...hugged her, reassured her that I would come back for her in an hour, hugged her again...and then ran off to deliver Kaytlynn to her class. I walked back by about 5 minutes later and she was all happy and listening to story time. I feel so bad for her when her shyness kicks in. She can be a manipulating child, but not when she is like this. She really is scared of the unknown and I hope and pray that it gets better with age.

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the new job! I can come by and volunteer for a little while on Tuesday if you need me. I'm not private teaching yet, so I will have some time while Evan is at Carmen's house. Just let me know if you need help! Miss seeing you. PS~we find out the sex of the baby in about 2 weeks!