Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Kaytlynn

This post is a little late...She turned 7 on August 15th, and its a month past that date. Mommy is running behind again!

I was opening the new library, so the day before her birthday, on August 14, we were spending the day at my school as usual. I talked my boss into letting me, him and the secretary Peggy, get on the intercom of the entire school and sing Happy Birthday. Luckily, my friend Charlyn came by on a surprise visit, so she sang with us as well. I told Kaytlynn and Delaney to stay in the library because I had something to do in the office. 5 minutes later we were singing our hearts out and then sending her our birthday wishes over the speakers. When I went to go see her, she met us at the door with TEARS in her eyes and a HUGE smile on her face. She absolutely loved it. I actually think that it was the first time I had ever seen her with tears of joy...and I was so happy that I was part of that good feeling her heart.

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

How cool! She'll remember that forever! Happy belated birthday, Kaytlynn! Sorry I didn't call or anything on her actual day...