Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Jeanne-Marie...




In Ecclesiastes (yes, I had to look up the spelling!!!)4: 9-10 It states that

Two are better than one,
because they have
A good return for their labor:

If they fall down,
they can help each other up.
But pity those who fall
And have no one to help them up.

Jeanne-Marie was first my Trouble Buddy at TCMS when we were the radical language arts teachers on the campus. We were the pregnant duo when we were at BMS. We saw each other each day, covered each others classes, ate our lunches, shared our munchies, and our lesson plans. She's gotten me car sick on a 5 minute lunch trip away from school, and watched me get a ticket on a 4 hour road trip to the Hill Country.

We now have different careers and work in different buildings. Instead of seeing each other 5 days a week, we see each other less than 10 times a year. I miss seeing her smiling face and wish she was there to "talk me down" as she did for those few years we worked together. But thing that amazes me is that we are still as close as we were before.

10 years ago my mother was bitten by a copperhead and Jeanne was worried about me driving to the hospital by myself. She lived in the opposite direction...but she still chose to follow me 30 miles to Conroe Regional Medical Center to see my mom and make sure I got there okay. And just like she was there for me in a scary situation then...she was there for me again. She knew I was having a tough week with the loss of my students. She's lost more than I have, she's been there and knows how confusing it is. So it shouldn't have surprised me, but it did. Just as I was saying good day to my first graders on Wed. Someone walks in with flowers delivered from my Jeanne-Marie.

I posted on her message board that I didn't think it was possible, but that I loved her more that day than I had before. Yes, I was being silly, but I was also speaking truth.

The bible also says "Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

Thank you for showing me love in so many ways over the years Jeanne-Marie. I am so very lucky to call you friend.

No comments: