Friday, April 10, 2009

Kaytlynn's 1st grade Class Pics.

I love frilly dresses and jumpers. I love Peter Pan collars and smocking. I love embroidery and eyelet lace. I LOVE my little girls to look like LITTLE girls.

I had Kaytlynn's dress picked out. She likes the clothes that I buy her and I don't think I have ever bought anything that made her say ewwww. I choose what she wears almost every day (usually having Delaney match right down to the bows and shoes) and you can count on one hand the number of times she has said that she wants to wear something else that I had not planned for or picked out for the day.

But today was different. I got trumped and I did it screaming on the inside but meekly on the outside. I gave her a few other ideas but they were nixed quickly.

I wanted sweet and innocent. But she chose WILD and FUNKY. I wanted a cotton dress. But she chose POLYESTER. I chose pastels. But she chose FUSCHIA and BLACK. I wanted flowers. But she wanted PSYCHIDELIC SWIRLS She looked cute and fun and happy. But she's growing up and I don't like that fact at all.

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

It's very hard to watch them grow up. I don't know what I'll do when I want Evan to ear a polo shirt and khakis, but he wants to wear an earring and leather...maybe that day will never come????!