Sunday, October 5, 2008

Post IKE

We are still in the whirlwind aftermath of IKE. Yesterday, we moved into a hotel. The kids think it is just the coolest thing because it has a pool. Who cares that it is only about 2 ft. wide, high and deep, right? They also think it is cool to sleep on a couch that rolls out into a bed. Don't you wish you had expectations that high!!! We are staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites in the Woodlands on I45. Its only about 6 miles North of where we live right now. We don't know how long we will be there, since we are still waiting on an estimate from the insurance company!!! You know how in Galatians you read about the Fruit of the Spirit. I am learning that I am in great need of some patience! I guess I am learning to have some through this...its just not so fun being in limbo all the time. I do want to say though, that I am still so grateful that EVERY need of hours has been taken care of up to this point. Which means, I really need to not care about it and just know it is going to happen when it happens. Its easy for me to say and even think that way. Its just hard believing and acting on it. That old bumper sticker applies to me that says..."Don't give up on me...God's not finished with me yet."

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well. Don't worry, I think that God has a plan for everything, and He is using this experience to help teach you patience. If you find yourself getting impatient, just remember that you are loved, and that we are there for you! Everything will be alright!