Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Husband Loves an Adrenline Rush

I think testosterone pumping high, must make one's IQ drop down low. IKE hit its hardest, with winds above 100 miles an hour, from 2 am - 3 am. At about 2:30, while laying on the mattress under Dana and Jeff's dining room table and watching the storm, we hear a horrible noise banging up against something over and over again. In the middle of this excitement, in walks both Crenshaw's...and they are looking out the window that is in the same direction as the noise. After a couple of moments, Jeff says "Yep, Dana, you were right. That thing fell over by the wind." Well we find out that Dana had asked Jeff to put the Bar-B-Q pit into the garage and he didn't think it was necessary. So there is a PROPANE tank FULL of GAS and it is thrashing around the fence and brick in the backyard.

Jeff scares us all, by going out there in the hurricane and moves it all to the garage. Then I find out Todd has made the same mistake. They scare the bajeebers out of Dana and I by WALKING DOWN THE STREET IN THE HURRICANE. They move our pit into our garage and they walk back into the house with big smiles on their faces. It really amazed me...in a bad way, what a man will do...I mean really. Can you imagine walking out in the same Hurricane that flattened Galveston???? They're only reply when we are griping was "it really wasn't that bad. It sounds a lot worse inside than it does outside." WOW. Wow is all I can say.

1 comment:

Ms Scrapwalker said...

Oh my!! Typical men though! LOL! My husband would have done the same thing I am sure! I can't say much either because when we got the remants up here with the 70mph winds my youngest sister and I were walking around the neighborhood moving the larger tree branches out the road.