Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Delaney's new accomplishment...

I'm sort of an unusual reading teacher. Most people I know have their kids doing flashcards, writing letters, etc. at a very early age. Not me. Anyone that knows me, knows I take learning seriously, but my mom told me before I was even a mom, that they only get to "just have fun" for a few years. I took those words to heart. So if they ask, I tell them. If they don't...I don't.

Delaney asked me 2 days ago how to spell her name...I chanted it to her a few times and she would chant along...missing most of the last 3 or 4 letters.

Yesterday, as we were driving to the Children's Museum...she started singing her own tune...and for words she sang out "D-E-L-A-N-E-Y...those are letters and that's my name". I started cheering while steering and she was so proud of herself. Now she starts singing it at the drop of a hat. She is so cute! And growing up.

On a side note. Kaytlynn and Delaney are playing babies and doctors, and she just informed Delaney...all babies die, except mine, okay?

And I guess the unusual thing is that Delaney is pretty much fine with that. Wow...to have a 5 year old brain!

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

Your girls are so smart!