Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Kaytlynn Is Reading!!!

I can't tell you how exciting it is to watch it happen with your own baby. Here I am, a reading teacher that has taught literally hundreds of kids to be a better reader over the past 10 years, and I have always loved that thrill, but to watch it with Kaytlynn is a totally different animal.

She has been learning her sight words. She gets 3 new ones each week. She goes to school 3 days a week, so really it is a new one each day. Its hard. Its a lot more than public school...they are at 6 words in Kindergarten right now at the school that I teach at. But the amazing thing is...She is doing it! Right now the words she can read are...

It, See, In, Three, Can, His, Four, Is, Two, One, Here, I, And, This, Mother, A, The, Has

She has also been working on her letter recognition, and letter sounds.

Today when it was time to introduce her 3 new sight words...I didn't tell her what the word was, like I usually do. I just let her sound it out...AND SHE DID IT!!! YAY! I was so proud of her. The word was His...she saw the word IS in it and knew to put an H in front...I couldn't have screamed. Tomorrow is our Parent Teacher conference, so I am hoping to hear good things.

No comments: