Monday, November 1, 2010

Read Alouds...



It amazes me how much read aloud time has changed lately. We have been really enjoying this time together...even more than usual. The girls are starting to enjoy chapter stories that AREN'T easy readers and it has been such a pleasure to enjoy these quality books.

It is easy to find age appropriate, high quality picture books. They surround us in our home. Finding an AGE APPROPRIATE high quality chapter book is another thing altogether. Its not that they aren't there...but I do have to stop and actually "think" about it for a second.

Some that I have in mind for the rest of the year...and some you might want to try with yours at home if you are looking for some ideas...

1.


2.
3. 4.

5.
5.

6.

6.
So that's my not-so-distant future list. What else would you recommend? Do you have any experience with any of these? I'm sure you noticed that all of them, except Edward Tulane are not exactly new...I don't know why that is ...other than the fact that right now, Kaytlynn has been in love with some oldies. Oldies like Madeline, Katy and the Big Snow, and of course, her favorite Peter Rabbit. I guess it has put me in the mood to enjoy some antiquities right there beside her.

No comments: